What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that the website you visit requests to be saved on your device (NB! with the device computer, reading tablet and smartphone unless otherwise stated). The cookie makes it possible to identify you as a visitor to a website. The information contained in the cookie can then be used to follow your browsing on websites that use the same type of cookie and thereby, for example, offers that are displayed can be adapted according to your previous searches.
There are two different types of cookies:
- The type that is more permanent and saves a text file for a longer period of time on your device. These cookies have a specific expiration date and are used, for example, for functions that tell you what’s new since you last visited the website in question. When the expiration date of the current cookie has passed, it is immediately deleted from your device when you visit the website that placed the cookie on your device again.
- The type of cookie that is more short-lived (so-called session cookies) and is temporarily stored in your means of communication during the time you visit a website. These cookies are used, for example, to keep track of which language you have chosen for the current website and disappear as soon as you close the browser.
Cookies & similar technologies
*We never disclose any personally identifiable information from cookie use to a third party.
Information about cookies on Smedbo.no
What types of cookies do we use and for what purposes?
Necessary cookies are needed so that we can offer our basic services such as chatting with us. So, for example, you will not be able to find your closest reseller on our website if you choose to turn off these cookies.
Function cookies are needed for certain functions on our site to work, for example such functions are for images to be displayed in the optimal position on the device you are using. If you do not accept these cookies, you will not be able to use the full functionality that our site offers.
Analysis & customization cookies
Analysis & customization cookies are used, for example, to develop our website so that we can continuously improve the user experience. Such cookies give us the opportunity to both offer you services that are based on your behavior on the site, as well as to remember what you put in the wishlist. If you opt out of these Cookies, you may for example miss out on relevant product recommendations.
Marketing cookies are not set by us but by our partners. These give you the opportunity to share and like content on the page. They also enable us to direct relevant marketing towards you. If you opt out of these cookies, you will receive more general advertisements that are not tailored to you.
Through our cookies, we also save information about, among other things, which pages on our website you visited. We do this to be able to adapt our offers and advertisements on our website according to what you are interested in. We use Google Analytics, which is a web-based analysis tool provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA («Google»). Google uses current information to evaluate visitors’ use of the website, to compile reports on website usage and to provide services in connection with website activities and internet usage. Furthermore, Google may adapt the advertising you see based on information about your previous browsing. The information saved in the cookies that Google’s tools use (such as IP addresses) are forwarded to, and stored on, Google’s servers located around the world. As a result, the information may be handled on a server that is located in a different country than where you live. Google may also transfer the information to a third party if required by law or when such a third party processes the information on behalf of Google. Google does not link your IP address with any other information stored by Google.
Cookies that are used on the site
- fr: Helps us deliver relevant ads for you on Facebook.
- _fbp: Helps us deliver relevant ads for you on Facebook.
- _gat_UA-16531570-10: Helps us calculate the number of visitors to our website and analyze which content they are interested in.
- _gat_UA-16531570-15: Helps us calculate the number of visitors to our website and analyze which content they are interested in.
- _ga: Helps us calculate the number of visitors to our website and analyze which content they are interested in.
- _gid: Helps us calculate the number of visitors to our website and analyze which content they are interested in.
- DV: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- CONSENT: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- 1P_JAR: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- AID: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- ANID: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- NID: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- APISID: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- SAPISID: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- HSID: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- SIDCC: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- SSID: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- SID: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
- _gcl_au: Helps us deliver ads that are relevant to you on the internet.
How do I delete my Cookies?
You can control which cookies are placed on your device directly via your browser. If you do not want cookies to be stored on your device, you can turn off the function in your browser’s settings. No cookies are then stored, but you will also not be able to use certain functions on the website. If you want to delete already saved cookies, you can also do that in the browser’s settings. There are also services that enable you to choose which cookies you wish to turn off. If you choose to turn off cookies, it may mean that some of our services do not work.